Friday, May 6, 2011

what my mama taught me {by Rubyellen}

Hello. I am Rubyellen from Cakies and I am excited to share about "what my mama taught me" with all of you!

I think the most important thing my mom taught me is prayer, though I haven't exactly gotten that down pat. Every morning she could be found in her closet, on her knees, pouring her heart out to God. In this book that I am reading a quote that stood out to me most is, "The best parenting is done in prayer." I think that is so true.

Another important aspect I learned from my mom is passion for your husband. That lady loves and adores her husband (my dad)! Of course, she gets mad at him too, but my parents were never shy in showing their love for one another and I think that is good for children to see. It made me very excited for day that I could adore my own husband and boy I really do adore my husband too!

Regarding work, another important thing my mom taught me was be mom. She wasn't a stay home mom because they made bad financial decisions when we were younger, so she had to work, but she would cry and cry because all she wanted to do was stay home with us. She always told me, "Take care of your own kids and don't have someone else do it for you." I know everyone is in a different situation and you do what is best for your own family, for us from the moment we had our True, we did whatever we could, so I could stay home. Now, we might not be able to take dreamy vacations to far off places, but I am getting to do what I always wanted to do, be home with my kids all day long. We just have to budget and save for all the extra little things we want.

I love my mom and she has been one of the greatest influencers in my life. She is a godly woman who I long to be like!