Monday, February 21, 2011

scattered!!

last week i was on a mission to find paper heart doilies on Valentine's day
and the day after and the day after that! i needed them for a paper project i am working on. i was surprised not to find any at the local crafts stores, so i tried the party supply stores, then 3 grocery stores, 2 dollar stores and 3 drug stores. i had one heart from my son's parent participation class that gave me an idea. i even asked the class teacher the following week (two days after V-day) if there were any left. no.

i have never bought these before. i thought they were pretty cheesy things, until i had a use for them.

on my last attempt i had gone to the dollar tree, not finding any and in a hurry to leave with a kicking and screaming child who didn't want to be strapped to a shopping cart - i quickly grabbed him, the bag of items i bought to fill the void, and left.

3 hours later i realized i had left my wallet in that shopping cart - outside!!. i phoned the dollar tree and they already had it in their safe. thank God for good honest people. leaving my house for the 30 minute drive back to the dollar tree and to pick up my girls i collected my wallet - everything was still inside. relief. came home and to what to my wondering eyes should appear? i had left the door to my house wide open. wow. that bad. what? am i 3? you would think i was pregnant or going through major tragedy. nope. just a bit frazzled, scattered, and ever so slightly crazy. nothing happened - nobody ransacked the place or decided to take a shower here or whatever.

luckily.

thankfully.

on my knees in His Grace.

i eventually broke down and ordered paper heart doilies from the only place in the world that has them hours after Valentine's Day - online. i ordered through Joann's and paid for... shipping, ugh after all that driving around! is the project worth it? my passion says: "yes!".
and also because my wallet and home were still intact through the experience :)

6 comments:

  1. Been there, done that...

    My husband HATES when my head gets full of ideas. I'm very persistent like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was, "she's pregnant." Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha oh my word this sounds just like me! leaving the door open, forgetting wallets... i do these types of things way to often! glad i'm not alone! this post genuinely made me laugh. thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. just had this conversation with my husband:
    Husband: "You forget things a lot."
    Me: "Do not."
    Husband: "You do!"
    Me: "Name the last thing I forgot..."
    Husband: "Your lunch, my lunch, your misplaced keys, your misplaced phone..."

    Creative minds... I tell ya. The husband doesn't get it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the project after all of this! I left my wallet in a grocery cart in the parking lot once too. SOOO thankful for honest people. Have a good week!
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna see the project after all of that :)

    Thank you Lord for protecting dear Krystina during her creative moments :)

    ReplyDelete

please leave your comments; i love hearing from you!