Monday, April 4, 2011

what does God want?

wwjd?
i know, i know, i'm supposed to ask well, "what would Jesus do?"
this would answer my question - "what does God want?"
hmmm, so how do i "hear" His answer?
like all families we have some big decisions to make sometimes.
yesterday i was driving along minding my own business when God popped into my head
and said, "well aren't you going to ask me? you are trying to figure out what is best, but you haven't brought me in to guide you." "oh, yea, ok God, what would you like us to do?"
boom, there on the side of the freeway i have driven hundreds of times but have never noticed are
three beautiful huge crosses. beautiful. huge. how have i never seen these before? so it's like a sign right? i ask God a question and smack right in the middle of "do" and "?" is a picture. hmmm, ok. not really a sign, but i somehow feel like He really IS listening. 30 seconds later the words pour out of my children's mouths. this is what they want, this is the answer. is it God's guidance?

maybe there isn't really one right answer and as long as we do our best God is ok with it.
maybe He knows we can pull it off no matter what our decision is.
some decisions are so scary i wish there were some kind of road map for them or a "sign".

my ears are perked and listening.
how about you? are you "listening"?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome post.

    So often we are so busy 'making the right decision' that we just bypass God. I think we all do it at times.

    That's why he is unfailing and near us always. To give us a kick up the butt and say - hey, here I am, just ask me!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's very difficult to "listen" as I'm not sure where the answer is coming from. It's something that requires a lot thought, prayer and meditation for me... both on learning how to listen and how to let myself ask the questions in the first place. Thanks for sharing such a deep and though-provoking post. What a great way to start of my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really trying to listen right now too. Our family has some pretty big decisions to make and it's kinda scary to be honest. I don't want to mis-step. I want to be walking on the path He lays out.

    Great post!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am so right there with you right now!!! Thanks for the post! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so awesome!! you heard him remind you to include him in your decision!! stay close to him and you won't be able to miss his answers. his word is life. the closer you get to him, the easier it will be to discern what he's telling you and what the enemy is trying to fool you with. prayer is always the right answer!

    now you're in MY prayers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post. I have been challenging myself to be obi dent to His direction which is not always easy. Thanks for your reminder,

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first graduated from college, I was very concerned with the BIG decisions. But of course, God is not going to speak down from Heaven to me. I have learned, and am STILL learning, that I have to listen in the small, day-to-day decisions. Those small decisions add up to the bigger picture.

    Isn't that great when we are minding our own business and God speaks to us?!! I love that and it makes me LOVE being one of His children. He loves and cares for us so much!!

    Have a great day, Krystina!

    ReplyDelete

please leave your comments; i love hearing from you!