Monday, October 17, 2011

Sponsor Love {Knitty Bitties}

Hello {lovely} Lollipops! I'm so happy to be sponsoring this sweet blog of creativity and was tickled when Krystina asked me to do a guest post. After all, turning over your blog to someone else is a pretty big deal in my {control} book. What I'd love to share with you today is my love of {a little bit} vintage in our home. I'd say that overall my 'decorating style' is traditional. I like things warm and inviting. I don't like to much fuss. I love personal touches. I think that is where I like to use vintage pieces, to bring in little personal touches ... Dining room table::
My sweets & my little picked this Pepsi crate up for me this summer at an antique shop. I love to use it to corral of our table necessities and a few extras like our morning devotional book & some pumpkins/gourds for this season. Master bedroom::
A few little bits to accent some of my favorite photos. I bought the letterpress letters & the old metal numbers {we were married on the 20th of December} at the Farm Chicks Show in Spokane this spring. I think I might move the numbers onto our master bedroom door or the wall right next to it, wouldn't that be cute? Sewing room::
This is where most of my vintage treasures live. My love of sewing obviously draws me into 'old' sewing related items. Like this big spool of thread {stacked on a Moda honey bun on top of my Burlap+Blue pedestal}. The blue mason jar is another find filled with some favorite trims. This shelf of fun holds an old wooden spool and several more blue jars filled with new buttons, old buttons & old spools of thread. There is also a tiny little metal sewing machine figurine I picked up at a garage sale and the old "Sewing Handbook" gifted to me by a sweet friend. It also holds a chalkboard sign and metal 'SEW' sign also gifted to me by that same friend. GI Joe and Smurfette are good reminders of my life outside the sewing room :). A recent addition to my sewing room is this lovely yellow scale. Another sweet friend's mom was down sizing her collection and gave this too me. I love it so. Even more with my aqua colander {not vintage} and a quilt stacked up on it. So, there's just a little taste of how I've mixed vintage finds into my house to create a bit of interest and personality to my otherwise pretty traditional decorating. Thanks for letting me hang out here and share a little bit of me. Happy Creating!
.....

Please visit the wonderful Knitty Bitties at her shop, blog, twitter and facebook :)
She is also doing a special on her blog: 
"Handmade Holiday Promotions" that you won't want to miss!

xoxo,